Arts Yackandandah is a volunteer organisation which aims to provide a range of visual and performing arts experiences to the community of Yackandandah and surrounding districts.
ArtsYackandandah is an umbrella organisation for a number of community groups that operate in the town. These include:
- A community choir who perform annually at the Yackandandah Folk Festival and at times on other occasions.
- A theatre group that stages performances at least once a year. They frequently perform locally written plays and are active in encouraging local actors and playwrights.
- An art house film group “Flickside” screens movies once a month in the local courthouse.
- An annual visual art exhibition “Fresh and Unframed” is held in the Courthouse and is open to the public for 10 days. Over 50 artists from around the district regularly exhibit and sell their works. The exhibition also includes the bestowment of the Haldane Slater Memorial Award to an independently judged artist.
- Arts Yackandandah also oversees the management and staging of performances by travelling theatre groups, musical acts including folk, opera, classical and jazz, film festivals and any other event the committee feels enhances the creative and artistic qualities of our community.